Sunday, October 16, 2011

I don't want your damn candy

It's not a big secret that Halloween doesn't do anything for me. For one thing, there's not a whole lot of candy I even like. Dressing up doesn't do a lot for me, either; it requires a large dedication of time and money, two things I don't have a lot of to feel uncomfortable in some stodgy costume or suit for a few hours. It's not the celebration I mind - it's the strict dress code.

The one good thing I cherish is that it gives me an excuse to revisit my favorite horror movies and video games every year. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the kind of person that shackles himself to tradition. It's the general feeling of the season that gets me in the mood for one of my favorite genres (and the constant reminder from other people's decorations also help).

With a little over two weeks left until October 31st, it seems like as good as time as any to start planning my Halloween gaming schedule. I mapped out a few games I haven't played to completion for a couple years or more, which includes an unsurprisingly staggering amount of Resident Evil titles. In particular I'm looking forward to checking out Resident Evil 4 again; the last (and only) time I played it, I remember having a lot of fun but not liking it as much as the older games due to personal tastes. Now that I'm older, I have a much lower tolerance for obtrusive design so who knows? Maybe I'll conform to the status quo and realize I like it better than it's older siblings.

I'm getting a head of myself, though. For now I have more important things to consider; like who to play through Resident Evil 1: Director's Cut as, Jill or Chris?

No comments: